Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Pearls and lace.

No comments:
 
 Trying to take a picture on my balcony while painters walked around the parking lot and some guy blasted music from his car.  This might the only place with good enough lighting, if I could only get over my embarrassment of being seen.  I don't always look this grumpy, I was just turning as my camera went off.
I accidentally ordered this dress in cream, instead of red.  It's growing on me.  I might even make my wedding dress with a high-neck lace applique and throw in some pearls in there.  This is one of my many awkward photo smiles.  I never could quite get it right.
My face is probably the reason why no one ever approaches me.  I don't regret it most of the time.  I used to have neon pink hair and dress colorful and looking mean helped keep the insults away.  When you look nice and indifferent, people will think you're weak.
Today was too cloudy for clear shots, and I had to keep an eye out for people constantly walking across the parking lot.  By the time I got around to these, it was probably too hot to be wearing a faux leather jacket.  I'm sure I looked crazy.  I bet our weird neighbor thinks I'm weird.  I was also worried that my slip would show at the hem. The worst thing about knit dresses is how lumpy and sheer everything looks underneath it, so a slip is a must.  Or one of those shaping dresses, but I'm lazy.

It's all about the illusion at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment