Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Senior Fashion Show-April 2013

No comments:
 
My awkward wave at the end of my "line."
Top, skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
(I had to wear these shoes for five hours and I wanted to cry by the end of the night and could barely walk without whimpering.)

I had been agonizing over my senior fashion show since I was a freshman.  I wanted to find the perfect runway song, and the perfect dress and had all of these ideas that were supposed to blow everyone else out of the water.  But I was naive.  By the time my senior year rolled around, I was emotionally and mentally done with school.  I had put off all of my sewing and was so stressed out that I kept having panic attacks during classes, before bed, or while browsing the internet.  I started out with about 8 garments, but only 6 made it to the show because of zipper issues that I was too burned out to fix.  Needless to say, I was kind of embarrassed and disappointed but still numb enough that it wasn't too big of deal.

Most of these are on my To-Fix list, because they have potential to be amazing.  They were just unfortunately created during a time when I did not care anymore.

 This dress was made for a Cotton contest in "Casual wear."  I don't consider myself a casual-wear designer, so I just went with my rendition of a fancy ballerina going on a date.  It also doubled as my assignment for my Manufacturing class.



 

This is my messiest dress with an uneven, unhemmed bottom and a boring nude mesh bodice/yoke. 

Little Red Dress #3, the project I am currently working on.  Nude/Red is one of my favorite color combinations.

Little Red Dress #2, is my favorite skimpy dress.  It was the opening garment for FGI: Dallas Career Day, and it placed 3rd.  It was my first and only fashion competition and when my dress came out, the crowd gasped.  I couldn't see anything beyond the hundreds of heads, so I assumed a model had fallen.  I hope they didn't gasp because the model accidentally flashed them.




My mini-wedding dress covered in lace appliques and adorned with ostrich feather trim.  This dress didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but it was probably better that way.  It was also shown during Dallas Career Day.  Luckily, it fits me, so if I happen to be broke a year from now, I can use it as my wedding dress.



The last dress to my show.  My first experimentation with leather and it didn't go quite so well.  After constructing the bodice, I realized I had confused one side of the bodice with the other, so it pulls a bit.  I was too disheartened to fix it then.  This is by far my favorite.  I can't wait to smother it in lace and then wear it out to nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment