Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dresses to fix.

No comments:
 
Next on the list, are these two mini-dresses.  I design for short girls like me, so most of my garments take that into consideration.  Models always look scandalous in my designs, and it amuses me to no end.  I thought it would be more fun to show me wearing these as a before/after type of thing since taking pictures of my mannequin is not quite as exciting.

This dress needs some embellishment work on the bodice and lining for the skirt.  I've been shopping around for the right kind of lace to use that won't clash with the lace pattern already present.  It's really boring to me, and I hope to cover it in something.


Excuse the face and the fit.  My mannequin has a bust 2" bigger than mine, and I usually fix it to fit me, but this happened to fit a model.

This one needs to be pressed.  I need to hem the sleeves, and apply lace appliques to most of the nude mesh areas.
I had such great plans for these two dresses, but no great execution without the time.  They were both supposed to be gowns, with a sheer nude skirt stemming from the bottom of the mini.  They were supposed to have skeleton leather appliques and studs and spikes.  I look at the drawings and get a little sad.  I still want to make them eventually, but I need to get the simple stuff out of the way first.

No comments:

Post a Comment